VMware Cloud Community
BSadigh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

issues to run ssh commands on hp OA

Hello,

I am having issues to run ssh commands on HP onboard administrator, I'm getting the following error:

Unable to execute command: InternalError: SSH_MSG_DISCONNECT: 2 Too many authentication failures for Administrator  (Workflow:Run SSH command / Execute SSH Command (item6)#20) (Workflow:Run SSH command / Execute SSH Command (item6)#36)

Did some of you got the same? any ideas ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BSadigh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have just migrated from vRo 6 to 7, and it solved the problem.

Thanks a lot for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
tschoergez
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Looks like the account on the SSH server side got locked. Is there someting on OA side that allows you to unlock the account?

If that's not the case there might be some situation that the SSH server is not configured correspondingly for the vRO SSH workflow to connect (e.g. if you try to connect via username / password, but the SSH server only allows authentication via keys).

Regards,

Joerg

0 Kudos
BSadigh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your answer.

If I run the same ssh command from an unix server for instance, with the same account, it works just fine, but from VCO, i'm getting this error.

0 Kudos
tschoergez
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Can you somehow check the logs on the SSH server, if there are more details about the connection process?

Also check if the credentials are correct in the workflow (if I remember right OA access might be case sensitive even for the user name). Though, since you run the workflow directly, there is likely no binding errors or so in the workflow.

Worst workaround is to use the Unix box as a "jump box", and start the SSH command there via the vRO workflows (sort of a double hop). But that's to avoid if possible 🙂

0 Kudos
BSadigh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You mean check the logs on the OA side?

I don't see anything (SHOW SYSLOG OA?)

I am actually using this workaround Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
tschoergez
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

yes, I meant to check log files on OA (if there are some specific for SSH access...)

the only other idea I have is to enable debug logging in vRO (for the SSH plugin only, if you use vro 7., otherwise for the whole appliaction. you can do this in vro configuration webpage) and hope for some better error message.

It typically is a mismatch between details of the connection the server expects, and the plugin supports, like encryption methods, ssh version, authentication mechanisms, ... I'm just confused about the error message.

technically, vRO uses to jsch library to establish the ssh connection JSch - Java Secure Channel

What exact version of vRO and the plugin do you use?

Can you somehow figure out, what exact details the ssh server on OA has (what library, version, configuration ,... )?

(much easier when this happens when you try to connect to a regular linux box)

regards,

joerg

0 Kudos
BSadigh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have just migrated from vRo 6 to 7, and it solved the problem.

Thanks a lot for your help.

0 Kudos
tschoergez
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

ha, ok. not sure how it worked at the end, but happy to hear that it works now 🙂

likely there has been a new ssh library used in the ssh plugin which is now compatible with the hp oa ssh server settings.

0 Kudos
jinhoe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I managed to resolve it by excluding the following special characters from the password.
#@!|"\'