VMware Cloud Community
hutchxx
Contributor
Contributor

is Orchestrator 7.1 supported with vCenter 6.5 plugin 6.5.0.4132889?

is Orchestrator 7.1 supported for vCenter 6.5 plugin  6.5.0.4132889? I have that in my environment and tested a  couple of workflows which worked, though the VMware compatibility matrix states that you need at least vRO 7.2 to work with vSphere 6.5, are there any known issues?

4 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Well, build# 4132889 of vCenter plug-in is the exact plug-in build the vRO 7.1 GA ships with, so the vRO 7.1 is compatible with this plug-in build Smiley Happy

On the other hand, vSphere 6.5 was released after vRO 7.1, so technically it is not guaranteed that the vCenter plug-in bundled in vRO 7.1 is fully compatible with vCenter 6.5.

hutchxx
Contributor
Contributor

so that means that it is advisable that i upgrade to 7.2 or 7.3 at least, right? In case of any issues if i keep using 7.1 it is not supported with vSphere 6.5 ?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Yes, that's right, and from my own experiences expect to have problems with that combination depending on what vSphere functions you are using.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Correct.

There a few things to consider, however, before upgrading:

- if you also use vRA, it is usually a good idea to upgrade vRA and vRO at the same time, as there could be some interoperability issues between different versions of vRA and vRO

- vRO 7.3 ships with a completely different implementation of vCenter plug-in. We tried to preserver compatibility between the new and the old implementation of the plug-in, but apparently some customers have content/scripts that (intentionally or not) uses some internal info (for example, internal class naming) and thus should be tweaked to work with plug-in shipped with 7.3.

0 Kudos