VMware Cloud Community
rds00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

guestScriptManager error : "The guest authentication that is being used does not have sufficient permissions to perform this operation"

Hello,

I've been trying for several days to create a workflow to automatically delete E1000 adapters on a VM and replacing it with Vmxnet3 while conserving the adapters network configuration.

Everything is working fine with Linux VM (as the configuration is automatically kept) but I've got an error on Windows VM where I have to launch a Powershell script (tried with batch script too) with the guestScriptManager package.

Every script I try to launch on a Windows 2008R2 VM fails at the same step : Create temporary file in guest. The error : "The guest authentication that is being used does not have sufficient permissions to perform this operation (Workflow:Create temporary file in guest / Scriptable task (item1)#8)"

Strangely, I'm able to launch a script one or two times just after a VM deployment and then I'm stuck with this error.

I've tried with local and domain Administrator with no luck. I have no other description or log on the error...

Any help would be appreciated Smiley Happy

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rds00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

For those who are wondering, I just updated my ESXi 5.1 to Update 2 and the problem is resolved Smiley Happy.

Thanks to this thread : https://communities.vmware.com/thread/403326

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

If UAC is enabled, you'll have to disable it.. or find some sample code on how to elevate your script (if it's powershell). Here's an example how you can do it (in Powershell): A self elevating PowerShell script - Ben Armstrong - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

-Steve
0 Kudos
rds00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for you answer.

I already tried with UAC off with no change Smiley Sad

Actually I don't think the error occurs at the script launch but before that, at the creation of the temporary file by orchestrator on the guest..

0 Kudos
rds00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Anyone with the same issue ?

0 Kudos
rds00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

For those who are wondering, I just updated my ESXi 5.1 to Update 2 and the problem is resolved Smiley Happy.

Thanks to this thread : https://communities.vmware.com/thread/403326

0 Kudos