VMware Cloud Community
pabloramos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

guest script error - powershell script type is not valid for OS null

I am using the guest script manager to run Powershell script on a newly cloned Windows VM. In my master workflow I call several vm workflows (upgrade tools, shutdown vm, relocate DS, etc.) which use: In Attribute called newVM  of type VC:VirtualMachine. I added a new sub-workflow to run the Run Script in VM guest. I did as the other sub workflows and bound the vm VC:VirtualMachine Parameter to the newVM. Also bounded the parameters for password and username. I can run the sub-workflow Run Script in VM guest by itself with no issues. However, when I run the master workflow which has the sub-workflow embedded, I get this error: powershell script type is not valid for OS null

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
probo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes there is, when editing a workflow Schema under Basic on the left hand side is a Sleep tool.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
probo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I had this issue and found osFamily doesn't get populated on a VM for up to 60 seconds after boot (this was Linux, might be different for Windows).

I was lazy and just placed a 60 second sleep, but you could after booting the VM poll for osFamily and wait for it to return a value.

pabloramos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How did you set your timer? I was hoping there was a built-in timer in Orchestrator.

0 Kudos
probo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes there is, when editing a workflow Schema under Basic on the left hand side is a Sleep tool.

0 Kudos