VMware Cloud Community
kittanai
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

cannot see a vm on item manchines when vco workflow provision finish

Hi

My Problem I use vco workflow to Provision by vcac and when finish I cannot find a vm on vcac item machine.

Regards,

Kittanai

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bencouture
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is this using an Advanced Service Offering? If so, did you set up a Custom Resource (in the "Advanced Services" tab)? As far as I know, you need to set your VM as an output of your provisioning workflow in vCO. Once you've done that, go to your Service Blueprint in vCAC (in the "Advanced Services" tab) and set the "Provisioned Resource" of your Service Blueprint to your new custom resource. Once I did that, the VMs started showing up in the "Items" tab, but under a separate menu option on the left underneath "Machines" in your p2.png picture.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
bencouture
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is this using an Advanced Service Offering? If so, did you set up a Custom Resource (in the "Advanced Services" tab)? As far as I know, you need to set your VM as an output of your provisioning workflow in vCO. Once you've done that, go to your Service Blueprint in vCAC (in the "Advanced Services" tab) and set the "Provisioned Resource" of your Service Blueprint to your new custom resource. Once I did that, the VMs started showing up in the "Items" tab, but under a separate menu option on the left underneath "Machines" in your p2.png picture.

0 Kudos
kittanai
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your best answer bencouture Smiley Happy and Happy new year 2015

0 Kudos
smastrorocco
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

What object type in vCAC did you use for the custom resource?  VCACCAFE:CatalogResource?

0 Kudos
bencouture
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You have to match the type of the custom resource to the output variable type on the vCO workflow you're running. In this case, the workflow is returning an object of type VC:VirtualMachine, so this is the type you'd use in your custom resource.

0 Kudos
smastrorocco
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This is only true if you are provisioning a vCenter virtual machine directly from vCO.

What I'm looking to do is provision a machine from a blueprint the way vCAC does natively, except through ASD to take advantage of custom forms and dynamic presentation through vCO, but I still want the entity in vCAC to be a vCACCAFE:CatalogResource the way it is when provisioning a catalog item on a day 0 blueprint.

The only way I have been able to do this so far is by using the deprecated vCO workflow to provision a blueprint, and then import as vCAC entity.  But I'm curious if there is a better way.  It seems there must be as Application Services and vCAC Catalog both interact directly with the IaaS layer to provision from blueprints directly, but the documentation is somewhat lacking, and am trying to determine if this capability is exposed to use in vCO through REST or plugin.

The issue when adding the object as type VC:VirtualMachine in vCAC is you lose the inherit characteristics of the machine entity in vCAC, like blueprint ID, custom properties, lease durations, reservations, etc.  Anybody had luck with similar situation?

0 Kudos