VMware Cloud Community
rkrichevskiy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

XaaS input with mime attachment type

I have a vRO workflow I'd like to kick off from vRA XaaS request. One of the inputs is type MimeAttachment. When I tried to build a catalog item with my workflow, mime attachment input parameter was set to string by default. I am not seeing any straight forward way convert it. Is this type of input supported? Any other way I can load a CSV file into XaaS (from URL perhaps)?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tschoergez
Leadership
Leadership

AFAIK the XaaS forms don't support MimeTypes right now (but it's a very common feature request 🙂 ).

So the only way I can imagine is to use some external upload store to let the user store the file there, and then

let them copy a URL to a regular String input. Then the workflow can get the file from there.

Alternatively, since CSV is just String data, let the user just copy and paste the csv content into a regular string input field. I think there is some sort of "text area" input form to make it at least a bit more visually attractive.

Joerg

rkrichevskiy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I see. Yes, I thought about approaching this from within the workflow and that's what I'll do. Thanks Joerg.

0 Kudos