VMware Cloud Community
TomHEMC
Contributor
Contributor

Workflow picker in vRO client is sometimes off screen

Hello,

I've just gotten into a situation where, when I'm editing a workflow in the vRO client, if I drop a workflow element on the screen, the picker, which lets me find the actual workflow I want to use, is either fully or partially off screen. This only recently started happening and I can't figure out what I did to cause it. The only thing I did was move my window from one monitor to another which changed resolutions slightly. I've moved things back, restarted, everything I can think of but it doesn't "reset".

When the picker is partially visible, I could use it if I could move the darn thing but it can't be dragged into a different position. This is maddening. Is anyone else seeing this or know how to fix it?

The picture below shows an example. I went to 25% zoom and dropped a workflow on one of the lower connectors. The picker popped up down in the lower right corner and extends below the window. I can't see the rest of the scroll window and I can't move the picker up.

Capture.PNG

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There is a file named vmware-vmo.cfg (probably located in %HOME%\.vmware\ directory) that contains various client-related properties.

You can try to quit vRO client, backup&delete this file, and launch the vRO client again to see if this will resolve the issue.

Kagome
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have on my computer with 2 screens the problem, that the picker in the presentations appears many times on the primary screen while the vCO Client is opened on the second screen.

0 Kudos
filosmith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have the same problem: the workflow picker has disappeared. I removed the file you said to remove, and have also rebooted. It's happening on both my laptop and my desktop.

0 Kudos
filosmith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I found a workaround that seems to work for me every time, in my limited amount of testing. If I drag an item onto a connecting line, the search box shows up who-knows-where. If I delete the connector and drag an item onto the previous item in the workflow, the search box shows up right there. then I just have to put another connector out. I have a case open, but this at least got me working again.

0 Kudos
virtualrc
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I had a very similar issue when running a workflow and clicking on a field to select an object for an input. Renaming/removing the vmware-vmo.cfg file did the trick for me.

0 Kudos