VMware Cloud Community
SLutgen
Contributor
Contributor

Workflow not passing array object when creating a scheduled workflow

I am creating a workflow that takes a list of servers(array) and taking a snapshot of each one and right before the script ends, I try to set up a scheduled workflow. The scheduled workflow would delete a specified snapshot from a group of servers(array). The script fails in passing the array object within it's parameters with the error: "Cannot schedule workflow: Not an Array". Does anyone know if there is a big in using the create scheduled workflow within a workflow in passing an array container? I have attached the workflows for you test or look over also. I am running version 4.2.0 build 5277

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Burke-
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

That is an odd one.. I had never actually used the schedule a workflow bit... It looks like you have everything in order. I tested this on a 4.2.0 Windows vCO server and a 4.2.1 Virtual Appliance - in both instances, I received the same error as you. I would suggest opening an SR.

Manually scheduling the workflow works just fine, but what you're attempting seems like it SHOULD work...

If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points. Thank you!

Visit http://www.vcoteam.info & http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator
for vRealize Orchestrator tips and tutorials - @TechnicalValues on Twitter
0 Kudos
Jalapeno420
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have a workflow that schedules and works.  The only real difference I see is that I get the workflowID from a defined attribute then put my arguments together and pass it off to the "Create task" workflow with the desired date.  I am also running 4.2.0 build 5277.

0 Kudos
thechaos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ich bin ab Diesntag den 10.4.2012 wieder zu erreichen. E-Mails werden nicht weitergeleitet.

0 Kudos
Subnet88
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am having the Exact same issue. Have you found a fix for workflows that take arrays as inputs?

0 Kudos
SLutgen
Contributor
Contributor

No, I had to redo my workflows to work around this issue. But supposedly it has been fixed Orchestrator 5.1 according to VMWare Support. Currently this has taken a back seat to be verified as we are working on another project, but hopefully in December or Q1 2013 we work on upgrading to a 5.1 environment and test out the new features and hopefully fixes too.

0 Kudos