VMware Cloud Community
gbeke
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Workflow Input Form, unable to search for action

Hi, I'm following this https://theopscorner.com/2019/11/vro-active-directory-group-name-dropdown/ to create an action to display a list of groups. When I want to select the action in the Input Form like the blog says I'm unable to search for any actions. I only get "No matching values found". What am I doing wrong? I'm using embedded vRO on vRA 8.6.2.

gbeke_0-1649754345038.png

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edit: realized now I'm able to search for other actions, just not the one I created today. Is there a delay before I'm able to search for a newly created action? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwk1982
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello!

In your Screenshot you are editing the "Default value" and not the "Value options" (below the "Default Value").

Regards,
Robert

Drink coffee.. Do stupid things faster with more energy...

View solution in original post

6 Replies
johnbowdre
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Usually when I run into this it's due to a type mismatch. Since you're looking to populate the elements in a dropdown, the action needs to be returning an array. Double and triple check that your vRO action is returning the expected type.

Otherwise, yeah, it may take some time for a new action to show up on the vRA side. You may be able to speed things along by going to Infrastructure > Integrations > embedded-vRO and clicking the Start Data Collection button.

0 Kudos
gbeke
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@johnbowdre wrote:

Otherwise, yeah, it may take some time for a new action to show up on the vRA side. You may be able to speed things along by going to Infrastructure > Integrations > embedded-vRO and clicking the Start Data Collection button.

Sorry I was a bit unclear. The Input Form is in Orchestrator, I've not gotten to integrating it with vRA yet.

gbeke_0-1649830419239.png

I was hoping it would show up after some time, but I'm still unable to search for the action. Just checked in vRA. It is not available there either, even after doing a Data Collection.

0 Kudos
rwk1982
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello!

In your Screenshot you are editing the "Default value" and not the "Value options" (below the "Default Value").

Regards,
Robert

Drink coffee.. Do stupid things faster with more energy...
gbeke
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Aah, thanks, should have caught that. Will check when I am back at work next week. But do you know why I am able to search for all other actions but this one in the default value?

0 Kudos
johnbowdre
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@gbeke wrote:

But do you know why I am able to search for all other actions but this one in the default value?

Back to that type mismatch, perhaps? The default value is going to expect a single item (a string), so it's going to find actions which are able to return a string. The value options will instead look for actions which return an array, so hopefully that will be able to find the action you created.

0 Kudos
gbeke
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@johnbowdre wrote:

@gbeke wrote:

But do you know why I am able to search for all other actions but this one in the default value?

Back to that type mismatch, perhaps? The default value is going to expect a single item (a string), so it's going to find actions which are able to return a string. The value options will instead look for actions which return an array, so hopefully that will be able to find the action you created.

You were absolutely correct. Thanks.

0 Kudos