VMware Cloud Community
76guill
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Why in the form with the input type VC: VirtualMachine, it is not filled in in the workflow

Hi
When I start a workflow on a virtualmachine object. It does not appear in the form.
I have to go find it with the button more

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thanks for clarification.

Could you also check if the FQDN you used to register vCenter in vRO and FQDN of the vCenter visible in Web Client are spelled exactly the same? Note that casing matters; eg. myVcenter.domain.com is not equivalent to myvcenter.domain.com (the former name contains uppercase V and the latter has a lowercase v).

BTW, we had few error reports with exactly the same symptoms, and in all cases it was because of different spelling of the FQDN Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Just to clarify - you are starting this workflow by right-clicking on a virtual machine in vSphere Web Client inventory and choosing the workflow from its context menu, correct?

In this scenario, failure to pre-populate the input field means that there is some mis-configuration. When you registered vCenter endpoint in vRO using the workflow "Add a vCenter Server instance", how did you provide the vCenter endpoint address - by FQDN (eg. myvcenter.domain.com), by its short name (eg. myvcenter), or by IP (eg. 10.111.23.1)?

Please make sure your vCenter instance is registered in vRO by FQDN; otherwise, the logic that should pre-populate the field value in Web Client won't work correctly.

0 Kudos
76guill
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HI

Just to clarify - you are starting this workflow by right-clicking on a virtual machine in vSphere Web Client inventory and choosing the workflow from its context menu, correct?  YES

I used the workflow "Add a vCenter Server instance", with FQDN

My vCenter instance is registered in vRO by FQDN

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thanks for clarification.

Could you also check if the FQDN you used to register vCenter in vRO and FQDN of the vCenter visible in Web Client are spelled exactly the same? Note that casing matters; eg. myVcenter.domain.com is not equivalent to myvcenter.domain.com (the former name contains uppercase V and the latter has a lowercase v).

BTW, we had few error reports with exactly the same symptoms, and in all cases it was because of different spelling of the FQDN Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
76guill
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

My FQDN name contains uppercase and lowercase

I add vcenter with the same Name It now works

thank you

0 Kudos