VMware Cloud Community
KGadowski
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Where are Orchestrator Resources kept?

Hi,

I'm trying to find on an appliance a location where Orchestrator Resources are kept. I want to store inside the resources some script files I plan to upload to the hosts later. Can anyone help with that?

Thanks

Kamil

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Kamil,

Resource elements are kept in the database the Orchestrator is configured with, in tables vmo_resourceelement/vmo_resourceelementcontent.

BTW, not sure if it is applicable for your case, but there are other options to deal with script files. For example, instead of resources elements, you can store them as files to the file system, and your upload code can read them from there.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Kamil,

Resource elements are kept in the database the Orchestrator is configured with, in tables vmo_resourceelement/vmo_resourceelementcontent.

BTW, not sure if it is applicable for your case, but there are other options to deal with script files. For example, instead of resources elements, you can store them as files to the file system, and your upload code can read them from there.

0 Kudos
KGadowski
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you Ilian.

I was hoping that the resources are kept somewhere inside the file system on the appliance. If they were, I would be able to upload them from the file system, but at the same time view and edit them using the Orchestrator client, having everything in one place. Too bad...

Thanks for quick response.

Kamil

0 Kudos
carl1
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Be careful about storing them on the file system if you deploy Orchestrator as a cluster.  That is why the DB (aka Resource Elements) is a better choice.

Carl L.

0 Kudos