VMware Cloud Community
sanzende
Contributor
Contributor

VcFileManager.uploadFileToDatastore or how to upload vmdk file to URL in vRO/vCO

Hi,

First question.

Can I use VcFileManager.uploadFileToDatastore() to upload a vmdk file as part of deploying VM? I am trying to write a script in vRealize Orchestrator to deploy a VM.

If yes I am trying to upload and for that I did this.

var vcFileManager = host.sdkConnection.VcFileManager;

vcFileManager.uploadFileToDatastore(datacenter,datastore, vmdk_path, datastore_path);

When I run I get this error. I believe I am passing the right arguments. Any comments on this?

[2016-01-14 09:41:14.770] [I]  vmdk path : /var/lib/vco/app-server/temp/ss-disk1.vmdk

[2016-01-14 09:41:14.770] [I]  Datastore path : /vmfs/volumes/sz-vol2-ds/ss-test1/ss-test1.vmdk

[2016-01-14 09:41:14.770] [I]  Datacenter  : DynamicWrapper (Instance) : [VcDatacenter]-[class com.vmware.vmo.plugin.vi4.model.VimDatacenter] -- VALUE : Datacenter<datacenter-42>'Central_DC'

[2016-01-14 09:41:14.770] [I]  Datastore  : DynamicWrapper (Instance) : [VcDatastore]-[class com.vmware.vmo.plugin.vi4.model.VimDatastore] -- VALUE : Datastore<datastore-75>'sz-vol2-ds'

[2016-01-14 09:41:14.780] [I] TypeError: Cannot call method "uploadFileToDatastore" of undefined (Workflow:test / Scriptable task (item1)#186)

Second question

If uploadFileToDatastore() is not the right way to upload a vmdk file, then does anyone have any link which can guide me in writing a script in vRealize Orchestrator to upload a vmdk file after acquiring NFC lease?

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep

0 Kudos
1 Reply
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

On your first question - there is no such property VcFileManager on sdkConnection. The property name is fileManager (of type VcFileManager). That's why you are getting the error 'Cannot call method ...'

So the first line of your code should be:

var vcFileManager = host.sdkConnection.fileManager;

0 Kudos