VMware Cloud Community
omrsafetyo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VRO: What was the result / exit code of last action?

I am wondering if there is a way to tell in a VRO Scriptable task whether the previous item had an error, or if it was a success.

I have an extremely complex workflow.  I also have 2 VRO clusters set up, which I keep in sync through packages, or just the built in synchronize functionality.  With this particularly complex workflow, it has gotten to the point where I can no longer synchronize.  I'm currently using 7.5, and so its the Java client.  In order to synchronize this workflow, today I had to use the jnlp instead of the installed client, and I had to edit the jnlp file to adjust the heap size from the default 1024m (I could only go as high as 1332m, otherwise the client would never launch fully).

One problem I have that I think would help this issue to some extent, is that I try to keep track of errors encountered during the workflow, and update a checklist with the success/failure of the various steps.  In order to facilitate this right now, after each action/sub workflow I have a branch: I go to a "System + Server error" step if the step ended in error, and a scriptable task if it ended in success, I log everything appropriately, and then converge back to the next step

I could get rid of a lot of workflow elements if I could just have a scriptable task that knows the exit status of the previous element.  One idea for this is to write the errors to a variable, which I would then process, and null out during the scriptable task; but I was hoping there was something more native that could tell me the exit status/which path the previous step came down.

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
0 Replies