VMware Cloud Community
Sonikashah
Contributor
Contributor

VRO 7.3 scalability

Hi All,

I have a customer who is running standalone instance of vRO 7.3.

Now the storage which is 17 GB has been filled.

Question : Can i increase the storage on appliance ? Is there a document which provide details how to do it.

Question - If I have to add additional node than i have to configure LB for this. As I am not using vRA in environment, is there a issue with SSO of vsphere ?

Question - I am also not able to login into Control center of vRO in 7.3 . Is this a know bug as I faced this issue for couple of customers where I am using vRO standalone appliance for development.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
manuelperrot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

We had issues with 7.2.1 with the log partition filling up during heavy usage.

There is a log rotation setup, but it wasn't fast enough for us.

So during the vRO builds we ssh and we add an additional 20GB disk for /var:

echo 'y' | mkfs.ext3 /dev/sdc;

mkdir /mnt/tempVar;

mount /dev/sdc /mnt/tempVar;

cp -apx /var/* /mnt/tempVar/;

sed -i '/sda1/a \/dev/sdc /var ext3 defaults 0 2' /etc/fstab;

init 1;

mv /var /varOld;

mkdir /var;

umount /dev/sdc;

mount -a;

init 5;

! this is probably not officially supported by vmware !

Regarding your login issue, vRO7.3 is introducing SSO integration/authentication when you use "vSphere".

That means it's supposed to redirect you to a "vcenter like" page to authenticate and get a token, then it forward you back to vRO control center page.

I haven't tested it much so I can't really help for that.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Question - If I have to add additional node than i have to configure LB for this. As I am not using vRA in environment, is there a issue with SSO of vsphere ?

Yes, you will have to configure clustering on your vRO instances and put them behind a LB. There's no problem using vSphere SSO for authenticating.

Question - I am also not able to login into Control center of vRO in 7.3 . Is this a know bug as I faced this issue for couple of customers where I am using vRO standalone appliance for development.

Use this KB to reset Control Center authentication.

0 Kudos
ericr999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'd like to add more info regarding what daphnissov said. Personally I run 2 node in a cluster environnement behind a load balancer and it works great. But I run it in active/passive mode. Because executions logs are not kept on both node, only on the node that the workflow was run on. So its not very pratical when you wan to review a specific execution, you always have to browse through all your instances, when you only have two its not to bad, but still you have to figure out where the execution was run.

0 Kudos