Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCOIN Plugin and input actions

Jump to solution

My workflows work fine in orchestrator 8.2, however when I attempt to run them through the VCOIN plugin none of my actions work as calls from the input form.

example from html5 client:

Some data cannot be retrieved. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.;
[1][*****.valueList][*****/getListOfWindowsOrganizationUnit] Field testOU is not found. Parameter: container
[2][*****.valueList][*****/getAppOwnerNames] Invalid response format. Expected array.
[3][*****.valueList][*****/getDefaultEnvironmentsNames] Invalid response format. Expected array.
[4][*****.valueList][*****/getDefaultLocationsNames] Invalid response format. Expected array.
[5][*****.valueList][*****/getGuestOSIdentifiersNames] Invalid response format. Expected array.
 
I found something about passing a value even if its not used, however this did not work.
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In case anyone is having similar issues, I found and implemented a work around.  Since this appears to be similar to a bug in orchestrator that was fixed in later versions I attempted the fix which was to add an input to all of my actions that were not working.  This didn't work at first, but after experimenting I found that not only did you need to add an input, but that had to be set to a variable that actually is set.  

This led to the second bug.  It cannot put data from variables inside the normal workflow, they show up blank.  So what I did was set a hidden text field with random text and then assign that as input to the actions and they pulled correctly.  

To resolve the second issue where the action actually NEEDED to pull data from variables, I set them to configuration items and then called them inside the action directly instead of passing it from the workflow.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In case anyone is having similar issues, I found and implemented a work around.  Since this appears to be similar to a bug in orchestrator that was fixed in later versions I attempted the fix which was to add an input to all of my actions that were not working.  This didn't work at first, but after experimenting I found that not only did you need to add an input, but that had to be set to a variable that actually is set.  

This led to the second bug.  It cannot put data from variables inside the normal workflow, they show up blank.  So what I did was set a hidden text field with random text and then assign that as input to the actions and they pulled correctly.  

To resolve the second issue where the action actually NEEDED to pull data from variables, I set them to configuration items and then called them inside the action directly instead of passing it from the workflow.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos