VMware Cloud Community
Pilu1978
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VC Connection

Hi,

I am new to VRO and need some help. I have VRO 7.3.1 installed. If multiple VC's are added to VRO then while creating workflows how do I mention to select a particular VC to connect to run my workflows.

Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Usually, you pass it as an input parameter of type VC:SdkConnection, and then use its value in the scripting code of workflow / action.

You can check out-of-the-box workflows, for example 'Unregister a vCenter Server extension' or 'Get vCenter entities by properties', to see how such input parameter is used.

Another option is to not pass is as input parameter, but in a scripting code enumerate all existing connections (using VcPlugin.allSdkConnections) and pick the one that matches some criteria.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Connection to a particular vCenter is represented in vRO scripting by type VC:SdkConnection (VcSdkConnection scripting object).

0 Kudos
Pilu1978
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply llian.

If I have the following VC's added to a vRO then where do I need to mention VC:SdkConnection in the schema. What are the ways I can achieve it  using VC:SdkConnection like through action elements, scriptable task etc.

VC1

VC2

VC3

VC4

Sorry I am very new to vRO and it will be very helpful if anyone can explain it.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Usually, you pass it as an input parameter of type VC:SdkConnection, and then use its value in the scripting code of workflow / action.

You can check out-of-the-box workflows, for example 'Unregister a vCenter Server extension' or 'Get vCenter entities by properties', to see how such input parameter is used.

Another option is to not pass is as input parameter, but in a scripting code enumerate all existing connections (using VcPlugin.allSdkConnections) and pick the one that matches some criteria.

0 Kudos
Pilu1978
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Excellent. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

0 Kudos