VMware Cloud Community
joe4VMware
Contributor
Contributor

User interaction move with REST API to Path "There is an error"

Hello together

is it possible with http call to move a User interaction to the "Output exception binding" Path.

Thanks for help

Joe

0 Kudos
3 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I don't think so.

What is the use case requiring such functionality? What would be the condition to choose between normal path and error path?

If you absolutely need it, it should be possible to simulate something similar using combination of user interaction element + scriptable task element.

0 Kudos
joe4VMware
Contributor
Contributor

Hello llian,

after the Clone is finished we start the final OS - Install (Patches, Software, Tools .....) I will use the User interaction to get from the Guest OS over REST Api  install Success => proceed with normal path and if anything goes wrong it should proceed with the Error path.

I hope you have a solution for me

Thanks

Josef

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I still don't understand what's the role of the user interaction in this scheme. What kind of additional information do you need the user to provide after the clone? Do you want the user to manually check if the clone operation is successful?

If you will check the status of the clone operation automatically and don't need any additional user input then you need to use other type of workflow element - eg. some of decision elements or scripting block element, not user interaction element.

0 Kudos