VMware Cloud Community
GarTomlon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Upload File to Datastore

I am calling the canned workflow Upload File to Datastore.  The destination file path is the /var/run/vco/ path on the vRO appliacne.  I specify that filepath and specify the destination on the datastore.  It works fine.  I have a need to change the destination file path from the VRO appliance to a Windows share.  I change the destination from /var/run/vco/filename.iso   to   \\Servername\isoshare\filename.iso​   I now get a Provided souorce path is not a valid file.   Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I think you'll either need to mount that file system local to the vRO server or retrieve it some other way.  If the windows host is a vm with the tools installed you can use the "Copy file from guest to vCO" workflow to deposit it on the vRO server then move it from the vRO server to the ESX Host.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I think you'll either need to mount that file system local to the vRO server or retrieve it some other way.  If the windows host is a vm with the tools installed you can use the "Copy file from guest to vCO" workflow to deposit it on the vRO server then move it from the vRO server to the ESX Host.