VMware Cloud Community
Aristizabal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Upgrading vCO 5.1 to 5.1.2

Hi,

Has anybody upgraded the vCO 5.1 appliance to the new 5.1.2 version?.  I don't see any patching file on the downloads section so I am assuming the upgrade is basically a new installation of the appliance. There is a way to export the configuration of vCO but I am concerned about having to set up again things like LDAP authentication, PowerShell plugin kerberos authentication, etc.

The other unknown for the process is if the current plugins will support the new versions of vCloud director and vCenter/ESXi (5.1 U1).

Thank you,

Juan.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Juan,

You mean upgrade to version 5.1.1, right? 5.1.1 is the latest available version; 5.1.2 is not released yet.

I haven't done such an upgrade, but in theory you should be able do it by following these steps:

1. Login in vCO appliance's Web UI (at https://<appliance-ip>:5480)
  2. Go to 'Update' tab
  3. Click on 'Check Updates' button and wait until the list with available updates (if any) is populated. In my environment, I see one available update -> '5.1.1.0 Build 1070383'
  4. Click on 'Install Updates' button

On your question about plugins - VC plug-in which comes bundled with vCO 5.1.1 (appliance or standalone) should work with vCenter/ESXi 5.1U1. vCloud has a different release cycle and I'm not quite sure which versions are supported with currently available vCloud plug-in and which will be supported by the next release.

Hope this helps,

-Ilian

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Juan,

You mean upgrade to version 5.1.1, right? 5.1.1 is the latest available version; 5.1.2 is not released yet.

I haven't done such an upgrade, but in theory you should be able do it by following these steps:

1. Login in vCO appliance's Web UI (at https://<appliance-ip>:5480)
  2. Go to 'Update' tab
  3. Click on 'Check Updates' button and wait until the list with available updates (if any) is populated. In my environment, I see one available update -> '5.1.1.0 Build 1070383'
  4. Click on 'Install Updates' button

On your question about plugins - VC plug-in which comes bundled with vCO 5.1.1 (appliance or standalone) should work with vCenter/ESXi 5.1U1. vCloud has a different release cycle and I'm not quite sure which versions are supported with currently available vCloud plug-in and which will be supported by the next release.

Hope this helps,

-Ilian

0 Kudos
Aristizabal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sorry, I meant 5.1.1.

Thanks for the information, I just did an upgrade and all the configuration is preserved. The plugins seem to be working fine since from the client on the inventory pane, the vCloud and vCenter objects can be browsed.

0 Kudos
KiwiDave
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We are behind a proxy, requiring a username with a "\" in it (so not usable by the appliance). How do we go about doing an upgrade from cd-rom or local repository? I haven't been able to find that information anywhere..

0 Kudos