VMware Cloud Community
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Upgraded to 5.5 and no client downloads are listed on the splash page.

I just upgraded a windows based 5.1 server to 5.5 and there are no clients listed for download on the splash page just a link to the java web client.  I am going to down load the appliance just so I can snag the client packages but they should be included in the Windows install as well right?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
micy01
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have the same problem. When I want to install the client (vCenterOrchestrator.exe from vSphere CD) on W7 Pro 32-bit there is an error "When loading Java VM the error Windows 216 occured".

And on the web Orchestrator page there isn't the link for downloading.

Can anybody help?

Milan

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Milan,

vCenterOrchestrator.exe is the combined (server+client) installer which is for 64-bit systems only. Windows 216 error means you are trying to use 64-bit stuff on 32-bit OS.

For 32-bit Windows, you need the 32-bit client executable (the file is named vCenterOrchestartorClient-32bit-5.5.0.exe). It can be downloaded from vCO Appliance home page, under the link 'Download vCenter Orchestrator Client Installable'. Not sure if it is available as a separate download.

Hope this helps,

Ilian

0 Kudos
micy01
Contributor
Contributor

Thaks for your answer. I have sensed this problem, but I can't find the 32-bit installer on the vmware pages.

I have to try again. If you know it send me please the link.

Thanks

Milan

0 Kudos
micy01
Contributor
Contributor

I can not find vCenterOrchestratorClient 32-bit installable. Nowhere.

Can anybody help me? Please!

Thanks

Milan

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You need to download the appliance, deploy it, then go to the splash page and all available clients will be listed.  Why they are not available for download from the windows vCO is a complete mystery and I will add it to my ever growing list of things that boggle my mind with VMware products.  I am sure this will persist for many versions as this is likely a low priority fro them to get to.

0 Kudos
micy01
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

thanks for the advice. That is horrible and stupid!

Thanks a lot again. I will try it.

Milan

0 Kudos
micy01
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have deployed the vCO appliance and now I can download client.

I can provide them for applicant. :smileylaugh:

Milan

vCO-splash.jpg

0 Kudos