VMware Cloud Community
Rafael_P_Olivei
Contributor
Contributor

Update Guest OS VM Template

Hi Guys, I have a doubt about what is the best way to maintain Guest OS VM templates always updated. I think some schedules tasks like convert a template to VM, update guest with other task like WSUS or VCM Patching and convert that VM to template again. How can I schedule that conversion using an Orchestrator automated workflow? Does anyone have a script or suggestion???

Regards!!!

3 Replies
pratt26
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

KRAEMS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

As a follower, I also used the workflow linked, and it does seem to 'work great'.  I added a pair of MODs to make it even better in my environment:

1) A script to set the powershell execution policy on the Windows guest via a self-elevating cmd prompt.

2) A sub-workflow following the Run-Download and Run-Apply scripts containing processID checker with variable delay.  The checker dumps each process to the orchestrator client logs tab (gives a better idea of what is going on, on the guest).

I continue to follow this forum, and would consider posting a package upon request.

DCSpooner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

KRAEMS

is there a way you can post the workflow? the link to download the workflow no longer works on the web site.

thank you

0 Kudos