VMware Cloud Community
jibran13
Contributor
Contributor

Unknown type 'vCACCAFE:VCACHost' used as Output parameter

Hi,

I'm getting this error while trying to add a new vCAC:Host in my vRO Server. I'm not sure what configuration I missed during deployment.

vRO version - 7.0.1.3533702

vRA version - 7.0.1 (build 3621464)

vRealize Automation Center Infrastructure Administration plug-in for vCenter Orchestrator version - 7.0.1.3454067

If anyone could just help me out it would be great.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,

Jibran Patel

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Jibran,

Actually, vCACCAFE:VCACHost type comes not from vCAC plug-in but from vCACCAFE plug-in. Could you launch vRO Client and click on menu Help -> Installed plug-ins to check whether this plug-in is listed there?

Also, could you check what are the ownership and access rights for the file /usr/lib/vco/app-server/plugins/o11nplugin-vcaccafe.dar file? If you or someone else has updated plug-in by manually copying its dar file, its possible that its ownership/permissions are changed and vRO is not able to load it.

Also, it may be worth to check vRO logs under /var/log/vco/app-server/ to see if there are some additional clues/errors/exceptions related to this plug-in.

BTW, is this a clean vRA/vRO installation or an upgrade from older version? Not 100% sure, but looking at the screenshot, I think the owner label should be Add a vRA host instead of Add a vCAC host so I'm wondering if this is some old workflow from version older than 7.0.1

0 Kudos
jibran13
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ilian,

I appreciate you taking time to look into my issue,

I have checked the list of plugin's installed in my vRO server, here is the list.

pastedImage_0.png

I think the vCACCAFE plugin is missing, I actually never installed it, I was under the impression that it comes with the vCAC plugin, and we just have to register vCACCAFE host to it. I even tried to google it but couldn't find anything on any blogs or forum.

I also explored  "/usr/lib/vco/app-server/plugins" in vco server, but there is no "o11nplugin-vcaccafe.dar" file available, since the plugin was never installed to begin with.

There is no logs under "/var/log/vco/app-server/" related to this plugin.

This is actually a clean installation of both vRA and vRO, I'm not sure about the label you mentioned, well I'm new to vRA/vRO version 7.

If you could just point me to the direction, how I could get this plugin

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks and Regards,

Jibran Patel

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

According to our internal build system, vRA 7.0.1 appliance should bundle the vCACCAFE plug-in build# 3515679.

How is your vRO deployed - as a standalone appliance, or embedded in vRA appliance? Could you deploy a clean vRA appliance with default options and check if the plug-in DAR file is available there?

I can send you the plug-in's DAR file if necessary but it should be already deployed in the vRO embedded in vRA.

0 Kudos
jibran13
Contributor
Contributor

vRO deployed is embedded in vRA.

If the plugin is supposed to come with the appliance, I'm not sure how it didn't.

I'll try deploying the clean vRA Appliance, In the mean time it would be great if you could send the plugin's DAR file.

Regards,

Jibran Patel

0 Kudos