VMware Cloud Community
sean_gadson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Unable to launch JavaClient

Hello,

I have installed java 1.8.0_91 but I am getting the error below:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: ch/dunes/vso/app/VSOApplication : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

When trying to launch the vRO 7.3 client

does it have to be in my path variables?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sean_gadson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thanks for your help for some reason my coworkers vro client is coming up with java 7 and not 8 is there some setting that needs to be set? we are using vRO 7.3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
francescor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That error means that you are trying to run a java program with a different version of java than the one used to compile it.

Check if your default java executable is version 1.8.x by running:

java -version

0 Kudos
sean_gadson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thanks for your help for some reason my coworkers vro client is coming up with java 7 and not 8 is there some setting that needs to be set? we are using vRO 7.3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

eoinbyrne
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You need to check which version of the JRE is installed

Assuming you have Windows

Open Command Prompt

execute - java -version ( java version data will display - use this to confirm the version of JRE you are running)

execute set PATH (Windows executable search PATH will display - check the PATH entries to locate the first available JRE path - c:\Program Files\Java\<some version>. You can use explorer to browse and check which JRE version(s) you have

You may need to either correct the System variable to set the right path to the Java version you want, OR in the command prompt do this

cd <vROWorkflowDesigner directory path>

set PATH=<path to correct JRE version>\bin;%PATH%

.\vROWorkflowDesigner.exe

0 Kudos