VMware Cloud Community
thawkbravo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to convert object, 'VirtualMachineSnapshot' plugin exception reason : convertToResult() --> Finder 'VC:VirtualMachineSnapshot' : unexpected error 'ch.dunes.model.sdk.SDKFinderException: convertToResult() --> Finder 'VC:VirtualMachineSnapshot'

Keep getting this error message when pulling snapshots from a vm in vCO 5.5.1. Anyone had this same issue ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I recall similar error messages have been reported.

Could you try to deploy the following technical preview build of vCenter plug-in and check if the issue is resolved there?

https://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-25307

grace27
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

Welcome to communities.

please share list of plug in you are using and log files

0 Kudos
thawkbravo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have a SR opened with VMware. Engineering supposed to take a look at this issue today. In the mean time I am going to update tech preview Vcplugin 5.5.x to see of that improves the situation.

0 Kudos
thawkbravo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

iiliev - I already have vCO 5.5.1 appliance running which has vCenter 5.5.1 plug-in installed. Is that the latest version or do I need to apply this patch (assuming Version 5.5.1-1802324) ? Thanks.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

vCO 5.5.1 appliance is the latest official vCO release, which comes with vCenter plug-in 5.5.1.1614908.

The technical preview build of vCenter plug-in - 5.5.1.1802324 - is a slightly newer build than the one shipped with the vCO 5.5.1 appliance.

0 Kudos