VMware Cloud Community
RussellCorey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Unable to browse vApps with vCO VCD plugin

I get an "error in plugin" with an exception:

convertToResult() --> Finder 'vCloud:VApp': unexpected error `ch.dunes.model.sdk.SDKFinderException: converToResult() --> Finder `vcloud:VApp': unable to invoke read method: 'statusDescription'

-------

This happens when I browse the inventory to Org-->vDCs-->Org-vDC-->vApps or also if I look at template vApps.

Tried with 2 separate users. One thats an admin on the whole system using the 'system' org; and another specific to one of my orgs.

Totally willing to accept that I forgot something critical. That said the vCenter plugin appears to be behaving perfectly.

Thanks!

edit:

Running VCD 1.0.1.356485.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kirilk
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

couple more questions:

1. Can you post the version of Orchestrator you are using?

2. Which mode do you use to connect ot vCloud Director - "Session per user" or "Share unique session"? see page 9 of the User Giude - Configure the vCloud Director Plug-In.

You may want to try changing to the other one just in case. We have not seen this problem thus far.

I am happy to know you find the plug-in useful.

-Kiril

0 Kudos
RussellCorey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Currently running the following version:

4.1.1 build 733

I've tried both connection modes with two users:

1. The administrator account I configured

2. An LDAP user that is an administrator in the org

I've also tried using the system org as well as specific orgs without any success.

I'm hoping I'm just forgetting something silly like "oh you should be on 4.1.1 build 734!"

0 Kudos
sashoran
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Please open vCloud UI and check the vApp's status.

We found a potential bug in the plug-in.

vApps with status such as "Upload failed" or any bigger than #15 potentially may cause the plug-in inventory to fail.

0 Kudos