VMware Cloud Community
AS2E
Contributor
Contributor

Trouble with Web View Presentation

Hi,

I created a Web View and have some trouble with its presentation.

1. There is an empty box below drop-down fields containing VMware objects (SNAG_010.png). It seems to have something to do with the compatibility with old versions of IE, but the box apperars in firefox too. Anyway, my Web View don't has to be compatible with with IE versions older than 6.5.
  2. My User Interaction is larger than one monitor screen, but instead of adding a scroll bar to my web view (as firefox does it), IE messes everything up (SNAG_012.png). Unfortunately IE is the standard browser in my company so I have to get it work in IE too.
  3. I'd like to hide (or at least change) the title of the workflow and the user interaction shown in my Web view (SNAG_011.png). The user doesn't need to know how I called my workflow elements within vCO and I already have enough titles.
  4. Where can I define the format of the title of a step? By default vCO puts it in a blue box (SNAG_011.png) but I'd like to change that.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
cdecanini_
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

1. This is a known bug that I have reported. It will be fixed in the next major release of vCO. I am not sure if it will be part of the minor update releases. You can always open a case at GSS so they can keep you informed.
  2. You shoud report this issue with giving details on what IE version you are using.
  3. I a not sure if the workflow title can be hidden. If so it is certainly with editing the webview CSS
  4. Again changing the style is done with editing the webview CSS

You can check the Perspective fling (labs.vmware.com) webview as an example of what can be done using different CSS.

Christophe.

If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points. Thank you! Visit http://www.vcoteam.info & http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator for vCenter Orchestrator tips and tutorials - @vCOTeam on Twitter
0 Kudos
AS2E
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, I'll open a Support Request about my 2nd problem.

Can someone show me how I can define which title I'd like to format. I had a look at the border.css file but I don't really understand which section formats which part of the web view. Is there any guide for this? I couldn't find a description of the different sections in the Developer's Guide. I tried to install the Perspectives Plug-in to see some examples but there is no DAR-file in the ZIP-Archive I downloaded.

0 Kudos
AS2E
Contributor
Contributor

I got some updates about the presentation issues in IE8. According to VMware IE8 is not yet supported for vCO. I asked for any information about when IE8 will be supported, but I didn't get an answer yet. I'll keep you updated.

In the meantime I have another problem with my web view. I'd like to display some input parameters of a workflow in my web view. In vCO I can get those values like this:

WfToken.getInputParameters().get("userInput")

How can I call this method in my web view? I tried something like this, but it didn't work:

<span jwcid="@Insert" value="ognl:getInputParameters().get('userInput')">

<span jwcid="@Insert" value="ognl:get(getInputParameters().get('userInput'))">

Unfortunately I couldn't find any examples how to do this.

0 Kudos