VMware Cloud Community
TomHEMC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The User Interaction Element is not showing the proper value of my Boolean Attribute

Hi,

I'm just getting started using the User Interaction Element. In my Workflow, I've defined several Attributes - some strings and a Boolean. I have a Scriptable Task which does some processing and ends up setting these Attributes. I then have a User Interaction Element which has these Attributes as External inputs. The User Interaction element shows the proper values of the strings but the Boolean always is shown as false - regardless of what I set the Attribute to in the Scriptable task that immediately precedes it.

I'm confused. I've got everything hooked up in the Binding in the same way but it just doesn't seem to reflect the state of that one attribute. I can toggle the boolean in the User Interaction and the attribute is changed as expected.

Thanks

Edit: I reproduced this issue with a very simple case. Make a new Workflow and put only a User Interaction element in it. In the UI element, create an External input as a boolean attribute of the workflow. Make it default to True/Yes. When you run the Workflow, the UI element shows the value as No. ???

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Looks like a bug in vRO Java client (but works in vSphere Web client). I am able to reproduce it in my environment, on both vRO 6.x and 7.0.

I'll open a PR to track and fix it in future vRO releases.

BTW, I vaguely remember there was a similar issue reported ages ago for vCO 4.x. It seems the problem has reappeared again silently Smiley Sad

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Looks like a bug in vRO Java client (but works in vSphere Web client). I am able to reproduce it in my environment, on both vRO 6.x and 7.0.

I'll open a PR to track and fix it in future vRO releases.

BTW, I vaguely remember there was a similar issue reported ages ago for vCO 4.x. It seems the problem has reappeared again silently Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
TomHEMC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the verification and submission.

0 Kudos