VMware Cloud Community
jarushepic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Some REST Operations aren't imported with package

I have a package containing 400 or so workflows, actions, and resources.  I recently added a bunch of new workflows that make use of a new REST host and 20 or so operations.  I added the new workflows (created with the 'Create a new workflow from a REST operation') to the package and exported the package.  The workflows all imported OK on my production server, and the REST host was created.  However, a third or so REST operations didn't come over (and the attribute in those workflows is showing as "not found").  Does anyone know if there is a way to force import REST operations?  I exported the package to a folder and the ResourceElement folder has an XML file in it named the GUID of the REST host.  In the XML I see definitions for all the operations.  So they are there, they just aren't importing.

(I do have a VMware SDK case open for this, but they aren't sure what the problem is yet either, so I figured I'd ask the community as well).

This is on vRO 7.2

0 Kudos
1 Reply
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hmm, I think all REST operations' definitions are in the resource element, and you said you see all the operations there. So it must be something happening during the package import when the resources are processed.

If you have another vRO instance, could you try to import the package there and check if the same REST operations not imported in the first instance are also not imported in the second instance; that is, if the list of not-imported operations is always the same or if a seemingly random set of operations is not imported every time?

0 Kudos