VMware Cloud Community
thakala
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Several issues with VRO 7

Just a quick poll here if anyone else have seen same issues I have been experiencing with VRO 7, or is my installation just hosed somehow

- Copy & Paste of workflow elements no longer works in Workflow Designer, this was working fine on VCO 5.x and I think 6.x also

- VRO 7 won't register into vSphere Web Client 6.0 u1, at least when using vSphere authentication mechanism at VRO side. User error, see answer below.

- Workflow Designer seems to be awfully chatty over network, much more so than previous releases. I am having severe sluggishness and even complete hangs of Workflow Designer when I am accessing remote VRO server. Remote connection is IPsec VPN over 100/10 mbit/s internet connection, with 4ms latency from client to server.

At least these issues have been annoying me on VRO 7, anyone else have similar experiences?

Tomi http://v-reality.info
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dvatov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

vRO 7 does not any more rely on vCenter extensions mechanism and for this reason extension is not created by default when you configure a vCenter host. You still have the workflows you need to manage extensions in vCenter plugin configuration folder. vSphere web client can discover vRO server by examining extensions on vCenter.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
dvatov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

vRO 7 does not any more rely on vCenter extensions mechanism and for this reason extension is not created by default when you configure a vCenter host. You still have the workflows you need to manage extensions in vCenter plugin configuration folder. vSphere web client can discover vRO server by examining extensions on vCenter.

thakala
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You are absolutely right, don't know how I missed this one! I now have VRO registered in Web Client.

Thank You

Tomi http://v-reality.info
0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The copy/paste issue is fixed in the upcoming vRO 7.0.1

qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

In my environment I'd actually say I see performance improvements with the vRO 7 client.  I'm not sure if the improvements are in the client specifically but overall things seem way snappier which might be a result of things going on in the back end.  None of this is scientific in anyway.  I haven't analyzed what traffic over the wire looks like between the client and server but my user experience has been improved.

0 Kudos