VMware Cloud Community
MattGagliardi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

SSH command failure

I've lurched my way through the whole process of building a workflow (not particularly easy when you don't speak JavaScript Smiley Wink) and I'm at the one-yard line.  Last step in my workflow...before "End" of course...is to run an SSH command.  Here's the rub: when I run the command as a stand-alone WF in the VRO client it works fine, no problems (success is indicated).  However, when I run the same command at the last step in the workflow it throws a failure...though the log output shows it clearly succeeding.  Can anyone suggest why this is the case and what to do in order to correct it?

EDIT

In case it helps jog anyone's memory, the hang up appears to be in item 5.  As I said, the output all looks A-OK, the error message is "SSH execute command failed. Reason: (Workflow:Run SSH command / Assign (item5)#6)"  That error message doesn't appear if/when I run the exact same canned WF by itself (against the same vApp I'm trying to run it against when I get the error).

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattGagliardi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

OK...so this is *very* weird, but I think I figured it out.  When I was attempting to get my custom workflow squared away I was running debug, when I was testing the "canned" SSH command WF I was actually running it normally.  For some reason that seems to be where the issue is.  As I wrote earlier, even in the debug run my SSH command was working OK, it just kept pitching out an error at the end (the log showed perfectly correct output, it was just that at the end...after successfully running the commands and getting a 0 output code...it kept erroring).  The second I ran my custom workflow normally rather than in debug the error stopped.

Anyone know why this might be?  Is there something specific to the SSH module that it doesn't play nicely with debug?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MattGagliardi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

OK...so this is *very* weird, but I think I figured it out.  When I was attempting to get my custom workflow squared away I was running debug, when I was testing the "canned" SSH command WF I was actually running it normally.  For some reason that seems to be where the issue is.  As I wrote earlier, even in the debug run my SSH command was working OK, it just kept pitching out an error at the end (the log showed perfectly correct output, it was just that at the end...after successfully running the commands and getting a 0 output code...it kept erroring).  The second I ran my custom workflow normally rather than in debug the error stopped.

Anyone know why this might be?  Is there something specific to the SSH module that it doesn't play nicely with debug?

0 Kudos