VMware Cloud Community
philk33
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Run Program in Guest

I'm trying to run a view powercli script on our connection server. I eventually want to include it in a larger workflow.

Trying to make use of the Run Program in Guest workflow but am getting this error:

Workflow execution stack:

item: 'Run program in guest/item1', state: 'failed', business state: 'null', exception: 'A general system error occurred: vix error codes = (3004, 0).

(Workflow:Run program in guest / Scriptable task (item1)#15)'

workflow: 'Run program in guest' (C98080808080808080808080808080805E80808001322751030482b80adf61e7c)

|  'input': name=vmUsername type=string value=pakauffm

|  'input': name=vmPassword type=SecureString value=__NULL__

|  'input': name=vm type=VC:VirtualMachine value=dunes://service.dunes.ch/CustomSDKObject?id='shqvmwap60.cabelas.corp/vm-3835'&dunesName='VC:VirtualMachine'

|  'input': name=interactiveSession type=boolean value=false

|  'input': name=programPath type=string value=C:\Scripts\DisableProvisioning\getpool.ps1

|  'input': name=arguments type=string value=

|  'input': name=workingDirectory type=string value=

|  'input': name=environment type=Array/string value=null

|  'output': name=result type=number value=null

|  'no attributes'

*** End of execution stack.

For common parameters I input username and password, select the virtual machine, and select no for interactive session (if I select yes I get vix error code 3035).

Program Path: Path to ps1 file

Arguments: Null

Working Directory: Null

Environment: Null

Obviously I'm doing something wrong. The vix error code reference says the program can't run. Can someone provide some advice?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Several things to check:

1) How is your PowerShell host configured in vRO - with 'Shared session' or with 'Session per user'? I've seen error 3035 when in shared session mode and the user running the program doesn't match the user configured when adding the host.

2) I think interactive session should be on

3) When launching 'Run program in guest' workflow, as Program path parameter specify c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe, and as arguments /c C:\Scripts\DisableProvisioning\getpool.ps1

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Several things to check:

1) How is your PowerShell host configured in vRO - with 'Shared session' or with 'Session per user'? I've seen error 3035 when in shared session mode and the user running the program doesn't match the user configured when adding the host.

2) I think interactive session should be on

3) When launching 'Run program in guest' workflow, as Program path parameter specify c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe, and as arguments /c C:\Scripts\DisableProvisioning\getpool.ps1

0 Kudos
philk33
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank You! That was exactly what I was looking for. It worked.

0 Kudos