VMware Cloud Community
Gaprofitt17
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Removal of Snapshots older than 14 days

Hey All,

I am totally new to vRO and had a few questions.

I need the ability to delete snapshots older than 14 days..  How would I accomplish this and is there an example workflow I could download?  Also
once completed how would I schedule running of the workflow? Can I do this from a vRA subscription, etc?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Check out-of-the-box workflow Library > vCenter > Virtual Machine management > Snapshot > Remove old snapshots

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you're new to vRO then this is going to be a long and hard road to hoe. Alternatively, SovLabs has already solved this challenge in their Snapshot module that does exactly what you're asking. It requires you to write, maintain, nor support any vRO code yourself ==> Snapshot Management

0 Kudos
Gaprofitt17
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Will this work for Non-VRA workloads?  vCenter endpoints, etc or only things provisioned via vRA?

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Check out-of-the-box workflow Library > vCenter > Virtual Machine management > Snapshot > Remove old snapshots

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This is for vRA workloads only, I believe. Since you mentioned vRA in your original post I assumed that's where you were driving your provisioning from.

0 Kudos