VMware Cloud Community
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Remote workflow execution fails unless I remove and re-add all inputs on remote workflow.

I have a vRO 7.0.1 system where I am trying to remotely execute a workflow on a 6.0.4 system.  I get an error saying "Invalid attribute type: String".  If I remove each input and recreate each the error goes away.  The workflows were created in vRO 7.0.1 then exported/imported to the 6.0.4 server.  Any idea what would be tripping up the remote execution?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

'String' (with uppercase 'S') is indeed an invalid attribute/parameter type. It should be 'string' (with lowercase 's').

Could you send me a copy of this workflow?

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I got everything working last night and now I can't recreate the issue... If it pops up again I'll snag the workflow and upload it.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I discovered another workflow in my inventory with an upper case S in string.  Actually a bunch of them.  They were auto generated from the REST plugin although I couldn't tell you what version.  Maybe its embedded in the workflow somewhere.  Here is one of them.  If you look at the outputs "Number" is also capitalized which is not valid correct?  Maybe its a bug in the plugin's that are auto generating workflows.  I think when fixed things I had removed/readded parameters or done some sort of editing that must have fixed things.

0 Kudos