VMware Cloud Community
AS2E
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Redirect to user interaction

Hello everyone,

I have a workflow as you can see in the picture attached. Depending on an user interaction I'd either like to redirect to user to another user interaction or cancel the workflow. I was hoping to do that with a scriptable task, but I wasn't successful yet. Is it possible to automatically redirect the user to this second user interaction? Otherwise the user has to click on the link in the e-mail again which is very circumstantial.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jinnie
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I think you could make one composite interaction, and show/hide the "second interaction" presentation part based on the decision criteria.
And when you finish the presentation, you take decision whether to cancel or go on, based on the user input or whatever the criteria is.
That's what I can suggest, out of the actual context.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jinnie
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I think you could make one composite interaction, and show/hide the "second interaction" presentation part based on the decision criteria.
And when you finish the presentation, you take decision whether to cancel or go on, based on the user input or whatever the criteria is.
That's what I can suggest, out of the actual context.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Burke-
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you are wanting to automatically do something if the user has not responded to the User Interaction, go into the "Attributes" tab of the User Interaction and set a value for the timeout.date. When the timeout date is reached (ie: user has not responded with 24 hrs), then an exception is thrown.. so, Use the Exception to link to your "automatic" Scriptable Task Smiley Happy - kind of just like what you did for your second User Interaction that is currently mapping to your "Timeout" scriptable task.

If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points. Thank you! Visit http://www.vcoteam.info & http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator for vRealize Orchestrator tips and tutorials - @TechnicalValues on Twitter
0 Kudos
AS2E
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Great, that's just was I was looking for. It's even better. I want to create a "request VM" Workflow and I first wanted to ask the approver if he wants to accept the request before he enters further information.

Is there someone who knows how to get the approvers e-mail address? I'd like to send him a message after the workflow finished but with "Server.getCurrentLdapUser().emailAddress;" I always get the requesters address.

0 Kudos
Jinnie
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Not sure it's the best solution, but at least looks promicing:

Server.searchLdapUsers((Server.getRunningUser())

Haven't tested it. And keep in mind it returns array as result, as it does not know how many users may have the same name.

0 Kudos
AS2E
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

When do you think I have to add this?

I added a scripting task right after the user interaction and I used your solution to get the approvers address. Unfortunately I still get the requesters address.

That's the code I'm using:

var tmpArray = new Array();
tmpArray = Server.searchLdapUsers((Server.getRunningUser()));
approverMail = tmpArray[0].emailAddress;

0 Kudos