VMware Cloud Community
uswbnc53
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

QueryResultNotFoundException: Unable to find object of type VC:HostSystem

I'm getting this error when attempting to execute a workflow from the vSphere Web Client. The host object will not automatically update when you right click on the host and attempt to run the workflow. After the error is thrown, you can browse to the host through the object explorer.

The workflow has only one input: host: VC:HostSystem

vCenter: 5.5.0 Build 1750787

Orchestrator: 5.5.3

vCenter is joined with the FQDN

I have tried to manually assign the Orchestrator appliance by the FQDN in the Web Client configuration.

I have tried re-registering the extension through the MOB.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

To troubleshoot the issue, open a browser (or some REST client) and make a /GET request to the following URL https://your-vco-server:8281/vco/api/catalog/VC/HostSystem

In the returned response body, search for the element corresponding to your host host-3121, and inside the element, there should be be an attribute looking something like

<attribute value="your-vcenter-addr/host-3121" name="dunesId"/>

Check if the value string above - your-vcenter-addr/host-3121 - is matching exactly the value the vSphere Web Client is trying to search for, as seen in the error tooltip. If they do not match, you need to re-register the vCenter instance in vCO using the address expected by vSphere Web Client.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

To troubleshoot the issue, open a browser (or some REST client) and make a /GET request to the following URL https://your-vco-server:8281/vco/api/catalog/VC/HostSystem

In the returned response body, search for the element corresponding to your host host-3121, and inside the element, there should be be an attribute looking something like

<attribute value="your-vcenter-addr/host-3121" name="dunesId"/>

Check if the value string above - your-vcenter-addr/host-3121 - is matching exactly the value the vSphere Web Client is trying to search for, as seen in the error tooltip. If they do not match, you need to re-register the vCenter instance in vCO using the address expected by vSphere Web Client.

0 Kudos
uswbnc53
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for the response.

I have validated the values are the same. vCenterFQDN/host-3121

I also validated the other hosts are set correctly. They are also experiencing the same issue.

0 Kudos
uswbnc53
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

One correction. The vCenter is 5.5 u3. 

vCenter Server 5.5 Update 32015-09-163000241
0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Any additional info (eg. exception stack traces) in vSphere Web Client and vCO log files?

vCO log files are located under /var/log/vco/app-server/. The important ones are catalina.out (Tomcat log), server.log (vCO server log) and localhost_access_log.txt (REST API calls log).

0 Kudos
uswbnc53
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The entry is case sensitive. I noticed in the log the vCenter name was VCENTER.com and the plugin was registered with vcenter.com. I updated the plugin with VCENTER.com and now its working.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos