VMware Cloud Community
cake0815
Contributor
Contributor

Problems Cloning VM - Orchestrator Ubuntu

Hey,

i try to clone a VM (template)  via Orchestrator.  The workflow is invoked from a java application. Almost everything is fin but on the first boot the network interface is not coming up. I get a message: “Waiting for network connection”. If I reboot the VM or login via vsphere client and type “sudo eth0 up” everything is ok. I already tried it with sysrep / witout sysrep / dhcp / static ip / set dns in the template but nothing works at all. I have the vmware tools installed. I googled a lot but only found solutions for problems with eth0/eth1 problem. Does anybody know how to fix this? When I clone the template over vpshere everything works witout rebooting or starting eth0…

Thank!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
cake0815
Contributor
Contributor

ok I think i figured out by myself. According to: Operating System Specific Packages Home Page | United States 14.04 should be supportet. But I cant find a package under:https://packages.vmware.com/tools/esx/latest/ubuntu/dists/index.html

I tryed the vmware tool shipped with my esxi host and installed over mounting it maybe thats the reason 14.04 is not supportet by that version

0 Kudos