VMware Cloud Community
dspeight
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Problem adding vCenter Orchestrator Plugin

Hia

I've been having problems adding the Orchestrator extension to my vCenter Server. I've run the workflows as mentioned on VMware pubs. The workflow "Register vCenter Orchestrator as a vCenter Server extension" ran fine. I updated my vSphere Web Client and the plugin / extension was added successfully. Problem is its showing no content as you can see in image1.

I'm running the following: VCSA 6.5.0 Build 5318154 / vROA 7.2.0.19944 Build 4629837

I've checked the Web Client logs and can't find anything wrong towards the vco-plugin. I've also checked the urls in the mob section (image4 and image5) and I have access to the .zip url and can download it. Restarted Web Client service after successfully adding the extensions. Nothing has helped so far.

Another intersting thing: While the extension is installed I can't access Administration > Deployment > System Configuration without getting Error #1009 "An internal error has occurred". I remove the extension and all is fine.

Any suggestions? Did I forget anything? Kinda running out of things to test.

Thanks, Dave

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Dave,

The reason for error# 1009 is that the plug-in shipped with vRO 7.2 is not fully compatible with Web Client 6.5 (as mentioned in vRO 7.2 Release Notes). You can replace it with the plug-in build provided here - https://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-35002

From the screenshots, it seems the plug-in file has been downloaded and deployed properly.

How is your vRO authentication configured? It should be vShpere/SSO authentication type, using the same SSO instance available on VCSA in order for SAML tokens sent by Web Client to be validated successfully on vRO side.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Dave,

The reason for error# 1009 is that the plug-in shipped with vRO 7.2 is not fully compatible with Web Client 6.5 (as mentioned in vRO 7.2 Release Notes). You can replace it with the plug-in build provided here - https://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-35002

From the screenshots, it seems the plug-in file has been downloaded and deployed properly.

How is your vRO authentication configured? It should be vShpere/SSO authentication type, using the same SSO instance available on VCSA in order for SAML tokens sent by Web Client to be validated successfully on vRO side.

0 Kudos
dspeight
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for pointing me to the right location. I actually checked my authentication settings again in my Internet Explorer and everything was fine. Switched over to Firefox and it said the configuration needed a reboot of the appliance (yay). De-registered the extension, rebooted the appliance, clean register of the extension and now its working. Going to replace the plugin file later on.

Thanks again for the help.

Dave

0 Kudos