VMware Cloud Community
micy01
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Problem - Adding PowerShell host in PowerShell plug-in

Hi everybody.

I want to execute PS scripts localy on a host from vCO.

I have installed this components on it:

1. WS 2008 R2

2. vCO V5.1.0 Build 2725

3. PowerShell plug-in V1.0.1

4. WinRM V2.0

5. PowerShell V2.0

I have configured WinRM by this commands as Administrator:

winrm quickconfig

winrm set winrm/config/service/auth @{Basic="true"}

winrm set winrm/config/service @{AllowUnencrypted="true"}

winrm set winrm/config/service/auth @{Basic="true"}

winrm set winrm/config/client @{AllowUnencrypted="true"}

winrm set winrm/config/client @{TrustedHosts ="vco_host"}

winrm get winrm/config

Config

MaxEnvelopeSizekb = 150

MaxTimeoutms = 60000

MaxBatchItems = 32000

MaxProviderRequests = 4294967295

Client

NetworkDelayms = 5000

URLPrefix = wsman

AllowUnencrypted = true

Auth

Basic = true

Digest = true

Kerberos = true

Negotiate = true

Certificate = true

CredSSP = false

DefaultPorts

HTTP = 5985

HTTPS = 5986

TrustedHosts = 127.0.0.1, vco_host

Service

RootSDDL = O:NSG:BAD:P(A;;GA;;;BA)S:P(AU;FA;GA;;;WD)(AU;SA;GWGX;;;WD)

MaxConcurrentOperations = 4294967295

MaxConcurrentOperationsPerUser = 15

EnumerationTimeoutms = 60000

MaxConnections = 25

MaxPacketRetrievalTimeSeconds = 120

AllowUnencrypted = true

Auth

Basic = true

Kerberos = true

Negotiate = true

Certificate = false

CredSSP = false

CbtHardeningLevel = Relaxed

DefaultPorts

HTTP = 5985

HTTPS = 5986

IPv4Filter = *

IPv6Filter = *

EnableCompatibilityHttpListener = false

EnableCompatibilityHttpsListener = false

CertificateThumbprint

Winrs

AllowRemoteShellAccess = true

IdleTimeout = 180000

MaxConcurrentUsers = 5

MaxShellRunTime = 2147483647

MaxProcessesPerShell = 15

MaxMemoryPerShellMB = 150

MaxShellsPerUser = 5

But when I want to add PowerShell host in PowerShell plug-in I am not successful. Nothing in the log.

I have used HTTP, 5985, basic, shared session and user session.

Can anybody help me please?

Thanks.

micy01

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Burke-
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Your log file says: "Unable to load library 'vix' " -- did you attempt to install the VERY OLD, deprecated VIX plug-in on this host? If so, that will cause all kinds of problems.

1 it requires a Windows based vCO server.

2 If the initial configuration workflow is not run, it screws up other workflows

3 If the library files are not unzipped to the correct folder on the Windows vCO server, random issues appear throughout many parts of vCO.

It seems you have:

2013-10-23 15:40:27.219+0200 WARN  [WorkflowHandler] Error in execution of workflow 'Add a PowerShell host'

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'vix': Uvedený modul nebyl nalezen.

2013-10-23 16:46:49.511+0200 INFO  [Execution] Executing workflow 'Copy of Get virtual machines by name'

2013-10-23 16:46:49.713+0200 WARN  [WorkflowHandler] Error in execution of workflow 'Copy of Get virtual machines by name'

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.vmware.vmo.plugin.vix.VixServer

Remove the VIX plug-in from your server and restart the vCO Server Service. Your problems should go away Smiley Wink

Uninstalling a plug-in from VMware vCenter Orchestrator

If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points. Thank you! Visit http://www.vcoteam.info & http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator for vRealize Orchestrator tips and tutorials - @TechnicalValues on Twitter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
micy01
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your answer.

But in th 1st link is nothing new for me and I don't want to use Kerberos (the 2nd link) if it is not required.

0 Kudos
igaydajiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

1. Select workflow token execution and click click on the Variables tab (next to log that is shown on the provided screenshot)  There might be an error logged?

2. Could you attach also {ORCHESTRATOR_INSTALATIONFOLDE}\app-server\server\vmo\log\server.log file there should be an error message regarding PowerShell add host failure?

0 Kudos
micy01
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

here is wanted.

0 Kudos
Burke-
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Your log file says: "Unable to load library 'vix' " -- did you attempt to install the VERY OLD, deprecated VIX plug-in on this host? If so, that will cause all kinds of problems.

1 it requires a Windows based vCO server.

2 If the initial configuration workflow is not run, it screws up other workflows

3 If the library files are not unzipped to the correct folder on the Windows vCO server, random issues appear throughout many parts of vCO.

It seems you have:

2013-10-23 15:40:27.219+0200 WARN  [WorkflowHandler] Error in execution of workflow 'Add a PowerShell host'

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'vix': Uvedený modul nebyl nalezen.

2013-10-23 16:46:49.511+0200 INFO  [Execution] Executing workflow 'Copy of Get virtual machines by name'

2013-10-23 16:46:49.713+0200 WARN  [WorkflowHandler] Error in execution of workflow 'Copy of Get virtual machines by name'

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.vmware.vmo.plugin.vix.VixServer

Remove the VIX plug-in from your server and restart the vCO Server Service. Your problems should go away Smiley Wink

Uninstalling a plug-in from VMware vCenter Orchestrator

If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points. Thank you! Visit http://www.vcoteam.info & http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator for vRealize Orchestrator tips and tutorials - @TechnicalValues on Twitter
0 Kudos
Burke-
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

BTW - if you need the functionality that was provided by VIX, you should run all 5.x and above - vCenter, ESXi hosts, and vCO - the vSphere API now supports Guest Operations (VIX replacement) and current versions of vCO 5.x have sample workflows to help with those operations.

micy01
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I saw the erro in the log. But I don't understand why vCO needs the vix library. I have unchecked VIX plugin in the coniguration server and  added PowerShell host!

Great!

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos