VMware Cloud Community
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Possible bug in 7.6 Cumulative Update Patch # 19258423 / # 19220215 vRO fails after update.

I've just spent the past couple of hours trying to patch an embedded vRO instance in my lab.  I've opened up a support case but curious if anyone else has experienced this.  The rpm runs fine but after its run these services are in a weird state:

advanced-designer-service Unavailable

011n-gateway-service unavailable

shell-ui-app unavailable

com.vmware.vco.o11n one registered one blank

A restart of the server shows most as registered with one of the com.vmware.vco.o11n still no status.  Trying to load the Control Center always fails and can't download the client.  If I run the html client it seems to start then throws a bunch of errors.  I also noticed errors when trying to start/stop the services saying 

cat: /var/lib/vco/keystore.password: No such file or directory

I looked on a functioning system and there is normally a link for this but the link is gone.  Looks like the keystore.password is backed up to a file called keystore.password.rpmsave .  I've mucked around with trying to restore that and recreate the links to see if that might get things working but it doesn't.  There is some guidance to reestablish the vCO service and create a new solution user but that doesn't seem to work either.

If anyone has already resolved this lemme know what you did to fix it.  Normally this is a slam dunk first time I've ever had an issue with updating vRO.

0 Kudos
0 Replies