dhcinc
Contributor
Contributor

Orchestrator vCenter Server Login - Invalid login

Jump to solution

I have 5.1.0 build 1123966 installed with Orchestrator on a separate VM.

When I go to set up the connection to a vCenter Server, I can log in using the 'Connection Test' button just fine.

However, Orchestrator reports an "Invalid login" from the "Administer" page set.

Details:

Session per user (I did try Share a unique session - no difference)

SSO is backed by Active Directory.

RSA cert is imported.

Clocks are NTP synced.

Orchestrator is obtaining its license from vCenter Server.(License server was fine with DOMAIN\User value)

User account is part of vcoAdmins group.

User name is being defined as User@fqdn (also tried DOMAIN\User).

Using SSL on port 443 to /sdk path.

I am stumped and would appreciate any suggestions.

-david-

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dhcinc
Contributor
Contributor

OK. Tracked it down but it is sort of weird.

I had the Orchestrator account in the vcoAdmins@system-domain group tied to the AD account. (i.e. the vcdAdmins@system-domain contained user@my-domain as part of the group)

I dropped it and re-added user@my-domain  (same account, same domain, same AD server.)

Restarted Orchestrator client.

Viola! No issues.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dhcinc
Contributor
Contributor

OK. Tracked it down but it is sort of weird.

I had the Orchestrator account in the vcoAdmins@system-domain group tied to the AD account. (i.e. the vcdAdmins@system-domain contained user@my-domain as part of the group)

I dropped it and re-added user@my-domain  (same account, same domain, same AD server.)

Restarted Orchestrator client.

Viola! No issues.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Mnemonic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just for future reference, and others with this problem.

I had the same issue, where I used the shared session authentication with two different vCenters.

The first vCenter could connect, but the other said invalid login with the same service account. It turned out that it was because of special carecters in the password i.e. "@" After I changed the password it worked.

I am puzzeled why it works on the first vCenter, but it could be because I am using SSO authentication, and the vCenters are in different SSO's. They are in the same AD though.

0 Kudos