VMware Cloud Community
ouch
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Orchestrator setup/config question

I have a brand new vCenter install, and want to get Orchestrator up and running. The documentation tells me to

"Log in to the Orchestrator Configuration interface form Start > Programs > VMware > vCenter Orchestrator

Web Configuration and change the default password."

This menu item opens a browser on http://localhost:8282/ and IE says the page cannot be displayed.

I have not used this product before, so I really don't know what to expect, so I'm stuck.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

can you check to see if the Orchestrator configurator service is running?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

can you check to see if the Orchestrator configurator service is running?

0 Kudos
ouch
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yep, that was the problem. It was set for manual start. Now it is running, I get a login prompt.

What username/password is it expecting? The vCenter username/password doesn't seem to work.

Edit: I should read ahead more. The doco tells me what I need to know, sorry

0 Kudos
Vishy1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

default userid/pwd is vmware/vmware

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for Correct or Helpful.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for Correct or Helpful.
101nami
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You'll need to configure each button until they all show up green.  And by the way, once you've got the all green, under "Startup Options" button I had to Install vCO server as a service and make sure that service starts before it let me log on using the Orchestrator Client.  Use the server name to connect, apparently some people have had trouble using the IP address.

0 Kudos