VMware Cloud Community
jfallow
Contributor
Contributor

Orchestrator not registered with vCenter

I have recently deployed and configured Orchestrator and have done the initial configuration but when I log into my vSphere web client, Orchestrator does not appear to be registered, and when I test the connect from the vSphere web client, it fails to connect.

I'm using the appliance version for both my vCenter server as well as Orchestrator and they are both running 5.5. From a high level, I've gone through the following steps:

- Setting up the network for the IP of the Orchestrator appliance

- Importing the SSL certs for both vCenter and SSO

- Registered the Orchestrator appliance for SSO (and tested successfully)

- Enabled plug-ins, which are all reporting OK

- Added the vCenter Server

- Configure licensing to point at vCenter

All items on the Orchestrator appliance are reporting green, but I still don't see anything registered when I log in to the vSphere web client. I've seen suggestions to configure the network to use either the IP or 0.0.0.0 and have tried both with no success. I did see some people suggest checking the vco.properties file, but I'm not able to find that file on the appliances.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Does the account you use to login in vSphere Web Client have enough permissions in vCO? Are you able to login with this account in vCO Java Client and browse vCO inventory?

0 Kudos
bartojc
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having similar issues as the OP. Using the appliance for vCO 5.5 and vCenter 5.5.  I can connect to vCO with the client from my desktop, and everything looks good.  From the inventory tab I see my vCenter and it all looks accurate.  Using vCenter Web Console I cannot register the vCO server.  FWIW I am configured for LDAP authentication.

Any Ideas ?

-Jeff

0 Kudos
thechaos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ich bin voraussichtlich ab dem 18.8.2014 wieder zu erreichen, E-Mails werden nicht weitergeleitet

0 Kudos
ivand
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

vCO must be configured to use same SSO as vCenters under management. vCO plug-in for vSphere Web Client can connect to vCO only through SSO authentication.

Please, change vCO authentication to SSO and try again

0 Kudos
bartojc
Contributor
Contributor

So, in my case we have multiple vCenters each with their own SSO DB.  Basically they are standalone.  If I want to be able to access vCO from the vCenter web client I would need multiple installations of vCO ?  Once for each vCenter, the reason being because I have to authenticate to the SSO for that web client ?

-Jeff

0 Kudos
ivand
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

yes, because you have also one instance of vSphere Web Client per SSO.

In order to have one vCO for all vCenters you need to have one SSO for all of them.

0 Kudos