VMware Cloud Community
rupamc2016
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Orchestrator extension for vcenter not working

Hi Experts

I am facing issue of not getting the orchestrator extension in the vcenter web client .

When i click the orchestartor  icon in the vsphere web client what i get is just a Introductionand statup page

I have the below version

I Have a VrA 7.2 setup with embedded orchestrator

vcenter 6.0.0

pastedImage_0.png

I checked mob the entry for the Vra ( https://<vra/vco name >:8281 ) is there.

Need your expert advice to resolve the issue

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

This use case (Web Client + vRO embedded in vRA) is not supported.

There are a couple of issues:

• vRO embedded in vRA is accessible behind proxy on port 443 (not on port 8281 as the standalone vRO)
  • vRO embedded in vRA is configured with vIDM/vRA authentication, but Web Client uses SSO/SAML authentication. SAML tokens sent by vRO plugin in Web Client cannot be validated when vRO is configured with vIDM authentication, so all REST API calls to vRO server will fails.

So if you want to use vRO integration with vSphere Web Client, you will need to deploy a standalone vRO appliance.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

This use case (Web Client + vRO embedded in vRA) is not supported.

There are a couple of issues:

• vRO embedded in vRA is accessible behind proxy on port 443 (not on port 8281 as the standalone vRO)
  • vRO embedded in vRA is configured with vIDM/vRA authentication, but Web Client uses SSO/SAML authentication. SAML tokens sent by vRO plugin in Web Client cannot be validated when vRO is configured with vIDM authentication, so all REST API calls to vRO server will fails.

So if you want to use vRO integration with vSphere Web Client, you will need to deploy a standalone vRO appliance.

rupamc2016
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot

You saved my extra effort to make a scenario working which is not supported.

is there any document available for this so that i can share with the client

0 Kudos