VMware Cloud Community
mschubi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Orchestrator WF started in Web GUI has no preassigned Parameters

Hello,

We 've updated our environment to 6U2.

Now we have some issues with the orchestrator WebGui integration.

For example - a WF that use VM input parameter is connected in the WebGui as a "VM context".

If we call this WF for a given VM than  is this VM object not preassigned in the WF.

We tested this behavior with several WF that using folder, resourcepools etc. -

for no WF are the parameter preassigned with the selected object.

Is there a workaround for? Has anybody seen the same problem?

best regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mschubi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

I answer my question by myself.

We have to remove the vCenter Extension and reregister the VCO extension with FQDN.

best regards,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Mike,

The contextual object not being pre-populated means the vRO server cannot find the corresponding object. Usually, this happens if you have registered vCenter Server instance in vRO using a format different than the format the vSphere Web client sees the same vCenter.

For example, if you login to your vSphere Web client and see a vCenter there with name vcenter.domain.com, then you should register this vCenter in vRO using exactly the same format vcenter.domain.com. Registering it either with its IP address, or with its short name vcenter, or with different uppercase/lowercase spelling vCenter.DOMAIN.com won't work.

Also, it might worth checking vRO logs under /var/log/vco/app-server/ folder (especially /var/log/vco/app-server/server.log) for possible errors/exceptions

0 Kudos
mschubi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

I answer my question by myself.

We have to remove the vCenter Extension and reregister the VCO extension with FQDN.

best regards,

Mike

0 Kudos