VMware Cloud Community
kgoodwin
Contributor
Contributor

Orchestrator LDAP config

Hello everyone,

Im setting up orchestrator for the first time and its been slightly challenging as the vmware doc leave out a lot of detail that is needed with the SQl setup etc anyway I managed to get most of the LDAp done but am stuck on the admin group part.

i have now:

root = dc=mycompany,dc=state,dc=fl,dc=us

user = admin@mycompany.state.fl.us

user base = cn=users,dc=mycompany,dc=state,dc=fl,dc=us

group base = cn=users,dc=mycompany,dc=state,dc=fl,dc=us

admin base = ?? cant get any config to work

in AD at the root I have CN=VMO, I have created a global security group called vCO with membesr of administrator, domain admin, myself and the vcoadmin user which is also in the same container. The vcoadmin is a member of administrators, domain admin, domain users and the vCO groups. I get

[LDAP: error code 32 - 0000208D: NameErr: DSID-031001CD, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best match of: admin group orchestrator no matter what I type in. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is the last step apparently before I can start playing with it to see its real potential.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kgoodwin
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE:

I got the string working but now am not able to get the test login to work and dont understand what I am missing, so I guess it was the second to the last step before I can play Smiley Wink

0 Kudos