VMware Cloud Community
Andy90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Orchestrator Client - Windows 7 64 bit

Hello,

last week, we configured the Orchestrator Server on our vCenter Server (same server).

As I see, on the server (where the Orchestrator Server is installed) I can find a Orchestrator Client to connect to the Orchestrator Server.

I read, that from the web client you are only able to run workflows, but the configuration has to be done within the Orchestrator Client.

My problem is, that we have only installed the orchestrator client on the server.

Does anybody know, if there exists also an orchestrator client, where I can install on my workstation (Windows 7, 64 bit)?

I only found some clients for x32 bit.

By the way: I hope it's possible to configure and create workflows with a orchestrator client from a workstation?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KiwiDave
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCenter ISO >> vCenter-Server\vCO\vCenterOrchestrator.exe

Don't forget to mark the question answered if it works for you Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

6 Replies
KiwiDave
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

There definitely exists a 64-bit install, if you have the virtual appliance then you can go to the default url and download it from there.

You can install just the client from the Orchestrator installation executable from the vCenter ISO, I am hoping/assuming that it will install the correct version.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Andy,

Just a few clarifications:

• Indeed, the Web Client is usually used to run workflows, but there are also some other operations available; for example, you can schedule workflow executions and answer/cancel user interactions.
  • When you say 'but the configuration has to be done within the Orchestrator Client.', this is not entirely correct. There is a separate Web application called vCO Configurator which is used to configure stuff like Network, Database, Authentication, Plugins, etc. It is accessible via web browser at https://<vco-host-or-ip>:8283 (assuming configuration service is started) Some newer plug-ins have configuration workflows so the user can configure them using the Orchestrator Client by running the corresponding configuration workflows.
  • The main reason we provide a separate 32-bit installer is that the main vSphere installer won't run on 32-bit systems. As KiwiDave pointed out, there are several ways to install a 64-bit client, depending on whether you have an appliance or standalone installation media.

And yes, you can use both vCO Configurator and Orchestrator Client from a workstation (Windows/Mac/Linux).

-Ilian

Andy90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey Ilian,

we have installed the vCenter Orchestrator on the same server, as vCenter Server is installed.

I also looked on the ISO-File, from which we installed all the vCenter components (including vCenter),

but I couldn't find any files or installation package for the vCenter Orchestrator Client.

Rigth now, I start the following application from the vCenter Server:

"C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Orchestrator\apps\vCenter Orchestrator Client.exe"

I would like to install this client on my workstation, but I don't know where I can get the installation package.

0 Kudos
KiwiDave
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Run the Orchestrator installer on your workstation, but only choose the client component for install. Problem solved! :smileygrin:

0 Kudos
Andy90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The problem is, that I don't know where I can get the "Orchestrator installer"...

0 Kudos
KiwiDave
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCenter ISO >> vCenter-Server\vCO\vCenterOrchestrator.exe

Don't forget to mark the question answered if it works for you Smiley Happy