VMware Cloud Community
dyvmw
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Orchestrator Client Window Disappears

I've seen this issue in multiple environments, but just from my computer so that points where the issue lies.  Whether I use the java client or the installed client, the issue happens.  The issue itself happens when I'm already logged into the Orchestrator and able to navigate workflows.  When I am modifying a workflow and a pop up is required, the screen flashes and the pop up disappears.  It's as if the window is hidden and Orchestrator no longer allows me to select anything unless I kill the process and reopen it.  An example of the pop up is when I need to set the vCACHost attribute.  Simple things like a reboot or reinstalling java hasn't helped.  Any tips or guidance is greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maaca
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Orchestrator client somehow remembers on what display was the window opened. Sadly, it is ignoring fact that the monitor (,projector, ...) is not connected anymore.

Use "window key" + up (or left) arrow to move the window to your actual display.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
maaca
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Orchestrator client somehow remembers on what display was the window opened. Sadly, it is ignoring fact that the monitor (,projector, ...) is not connected anymore.

Use "window key" + up (or left) arrow to move the window to your actual display.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I've seen such effect happening on Mac OS machines - sometimes the opened window goes to background behind other opened windows, but retaining the input focus.

You can try to close this hidden window by pressing ESC or Alt+F4 or whatever shortcut you use to close windows/dialogs.

0 Kudos
dyvmw
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Maaca, this is likely the answer as I was working from home yesterday and didn't have the same monitor setup as I do in the office.  Pretty simple answer, sometimes those are the first to be overlooked!  Thanks!

0 Kudos