VMware Cloud Community
scotty_p
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Orchestrator 5.5 Setup

We're running vCenter 5.5 web client and I'm trying to set up Orchestrator. The ova has been imported and configured to point to vCenter, however when I try to point to the VCO appliance in vCenter by IP, I get the error "Failed to connect".

Also, when i set up the connection to vCenter on the VCO Configuration page, it connects successfully, however when I open the VCO client, it shows vCenter with (invalid credentials).

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scotty_p
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It all ended up being issues with time. NTP was off and seemed to be breaking everything. Once I got that resolved, everything was workig.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Burke-
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

It sounds like a credential issue as illustrated by the Failed to connect, and more importantly the (invalid credentials) message. When configuring the plug-in, use a Shared Session configuration and specify the credentials that way. As long as you have imported the SSL Certificate from the vCenter Server, you should have no trouble correctly adding a vCenter host to the vCenter plug-in in vCO.

If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points. Thank you!

Visit http://www.vcoteam.info & http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator
for vRealize Orchestrator tips and tutorials - @TechnicalValues on Twitter
0 Kudos
scotty_p
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It all ended up being issues with time. NTP was off and seemed to be breaking everything. Once I got that resolved, everything was workig.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
flynmooney
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I ran into the problem with (invalid credentials).  I had the login strategy set to "Session per user" changed to "Share a unique session" and restarted the vCO service and it worked like a charm.  Thanks Burke.

0 Kudos