VMware Cloud Community
holashh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Not able to start remote/proxy workflow

Hi,

I am encounterred and issue with starting remote/proxy workflow, which works in LAB env, but after move to prod it is not work.

Here is server.log output:

WARN  [RestTemplate] GET request for "https://myVCO:8281/api/workflows/92faa800-2e7b-4149-8f8a-43716c8c2a37" resulted in 400 (3f4c1c12-bb9a-461d-8230-3fb00a74582e-rest-false not bound caused by: 3f4c1c12-bb9a-461d-8230-3fb00a74582e-rest-false not bound); invoking error handler

could anybody help?

This ID 92faa800-2e7b-4149-8f8a-43716c8c2a37 is ID of my workflow and ID 3f4c1c12-bb9a-461d-8230-3fb00a74582e I am not able to find in any worlflow in my system

Any hint to find workflow with this ID?

Message was edited by: holashh

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
holashh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

For those who are interested, there has to be turn on switch for Shared session, without that, just account which register remote server can run the remote workflows.

Regards Jan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Which version of vCO is this? From the URL, it seems to be vCO 5.1.x.

Could you provide the full exception stack trace (or the full vCO log file)?

Also, could you provide more details on how do you execute this GET request? Via browser, via HTTP client like CURL, or via programming code? If the latter, could you show the code?

0 Kudos
holashh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Ilian,

the version of VCO is really 5.1.1, I upload server.log for your analyse.

The request is sent prior from browser and I also tested it from vCO client with same result.

Usage is, I have remote WF connected as a sub-workflow, if you wish I can upload this workflow as well.

Thanks for your time

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

In the log, I see the following error:

Invalid user session : jholy

I assume jholy is the user account used to run the remote workflow. Could you confirm that this is the correct/expected user name? also, could you try with fully qualified user name - jholy@domain instead of just jholy?

0 Kudos
holashh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I can confirm, it is the user name, which runs workflow.

I am not sure how to manage workflow run with user@domain, bcs I run it from webview, where I am login against AD.

Could help if I give permissions to remote workflow for all domain users?

and I am looking for any missing plug-in in prod env against lab env, but only HTTP-REST and SOAP are missing, should it be the problem?

0 Kudos
holashh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I've tried to install HTTP-REST plug-in, but it is not the problem I guess.

But before update I was not able to run workflow "update proxy worklow".

0 Kudos
holashh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi again,

I am continue with testing and I found that I am able to start workflow from vCO client without any issue, after few restarts of server.

But from webview it still ends with same result.

Have anybody hints for me.

P.S. Invalid login message were captured when I misspell my password.

Thanks,

Jan

0 Kudos
holashh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I am switch log to debug mode and now I have following output:

2015-04-24 20:49:35.769+0200 WARN  [RestTemplate] GET request for "https://deusaheidvco1.grouphc.net:8281/api/workflows/1184f955-8261-4fd4-b106-40acff23c0b2" resulted in 400 (ca81574a-e422-4218-82ba-6d8446699bff-rest-false not bound caused by: ca81574a-e422-4218-82ba-6d8446699bff-rest-false not bound); invoking error handler

2015-04-24 20:49:35.771+0200 DEBUG [WrappedJavaMethod] Invocation exception during  'public java.util.Hashtable com.vmware.o11n.plugin.vcoconn.model.ProxyWorkflowManager.executeSynchronousProxy(java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.util.Map)' call on object 'com.vmware.o11n.plugin.vcoconn.model.ProxyWorkflowManager@31fd4b0b'

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at ch.dunes.vso.sdk.WrappedJavaMethod.call(WrappedJavaMethod.java:142)

at org.mozilla.javascript.Interpreter.interpretLoop(Interpreter.java:1701)

at org.mozilla.javascript.Interpreter.interpret(Interpreter.java:854)

at org.mozilla.javascript.InterpretedFunction.call(InterpretedFunction.java:164)

at org.mozilla.javascript.ContextFactory.doTopCall(ContextFactory.java:426)

at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.doTopCall(ScriptRuntime.java:3178)

at org.mozilla.javascript.InterpretedFunction.exec(InterpretedFunction.java:175)

at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.evaluateString(Context.java:1111)

at ch.dunes.scripting.server.script.MainScriptingObject.executeScript(MainScriptingObject.java:236)

at ch.dunes.scripting.server.script.MainScriptingObject.executeScript(MainScriptingObject.java:223)

at ch.dunes.workflow.engine.mbean.WorkflowScriptRunner.execute(WorkflowScriptRunner.java:188)

at ch.dunes.workflow.engine.mbean.runner.WorkflowItemTaskRunner.execute(WorkflowItemTaskRunner.java:45)

at ch.dunes.workflow.engine.mbean.runner.WorkflowItemTaskRunner.execute(WorkflowItemTaskRunner.java:24)

at ch.dunes.workflow.engine.mbean.helper.WorkflowHandler.requestElementExecution(WorkflowHandler.java:875)

at ch.dunes.workflow.engine.mbean.helper.WorkflowHandler.handleWorkflowTokenNextStep(WorkflowHandler.java:619)

at ch.dunes.workflow.engine.mbean.helper.WorkflowHandler.executeToken(WorkflowHandler.java:497)

at ch.dunes.workflow.engine.mbean.helper.WorkflowHandler.handleTokenExecution(WorkflowHandler.java:416)

at ch.dunes.workflow.engine.mbean.helper.WorkflowHandler.access$200(WorkflowHandler.java:89)

at ch.dunes.workflow.engine.mbean.helper.WorkflowHandler$1.execute(WorkflowHandler.java:330)

at ch.dunes.model.ar.AccessRightsTemplate.executeWithAccessRights(AccessRightsTemplate.java:16)

at ch.dunes.workflow.engine.mbean.helper.WorkflowHandler.doExecute(WorkflowHandler.java:326)

at ch.dunes.workflow.engine.mbean.helper.WorkflowHandler.run(WorkflowHandler.java:230)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to retrieve the remote workflow

at com.vmware.o11n.plugin.vcoconn.model.proxy.AsyncProxyWorkflowExecutor.execute(AsyncProxyWorkflowExecutor.java:52)

at com.vmware.o11n.plugin.vcoconn.model.proxy.SynchProxyWorkflowExecutor.execute(SynchProxyWorkflowExecutor.java:28)

at com.vmware.o11n.plugin.vcoconn.model.ProxyWorkflowManager.executeSynchronousProxy(ProxyWorkflowManager.java:476)

... 32 more

2015-04-24 20:49:35.772+0200 DEBUG [WorkflowScriptRunner] Execute exception

org.mozilla.javascript.EvaluatorException: Failed to retrieve the remote workflow (Workflow:adUser_test / Scripting (item2)#4)

at org.mozilla.javascript.DefaultErrorReporter.runtimeError(DefaultErrorReporter.java:109)

at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.reportRuntimeError(Context.java:945)

at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.reportRuntimeError(Context.java:1001)

at ch.dunes.vso.sdk.WrappedJavaMethod.call(WrappedJavaMethod.java:167)

at org.mozilla.javascript.Interpreter.interpretLoop(Interpreter.java:1701)

at script(Workflow:adUser_test / Scripting (item2):4)

at org.mozilla.javascript.Interpreter.interpret(Interpreter.java:854)

at org.mozilla.javascript.InterpretedFunction.call(InterpretedFunction.java:164)

at org.mozilla.javascript.ContextFactory.doTopCall(ContextFactory.java:426)

at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.doTopCall(ScriptRuntime.java:3178)

at org.mozilla.javascript.InterpretedFunction.exec(InterpretedFunction.java:175)

at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.evaluateString(Context.java:1111)

at ch.dunes.scripting.server.script.MainScriptingObject.executeScript(MainScriptingObject.java:236)

at ch.dunes.scripting.server.script.MainScriptingObject.executeScript(MainScriptingObject.java:223)

at ch.dunes.workflow.engine.mbean.WorkflowScriptRunner.execute(WorkflowScriptRunner.java:188)

at ch.dunes.workflow.engine.mbean.runner.WorkflowItemTaskRunner.execute(WorkflowItemTaskRunner.java:45)

at ch.dunes.workflow.engine.mbean.runner.WorkflowItemTaskRunner.execute(WorkflowItemTaskRunner.java:24)

at ch.dunes.workflow.engine.mbean.helper.WorkflowHandler.requestElementExecution(WorkflowHandler.java:875)

at ch.dunes.workflow.engine.mbean.helper.WorkflowHandler.handleWorkflowTokenNextStep(WorkflowHandler.java:619)

at ch.dunes.workflow.engine.mbean.helper.WorkflowHandler.executeToken(WorkflowHandler.java:497)

at ch.dunes.workflow.engine.mbean.helper.WorkflowHandler.handleTokenExecution(WorkflowHandler.java:416)

at ch.dunes.workflow.engine.mbean.helper.WorkflowHandler.access$200(WorkflowHandler.java:89)

at ch.dunes.workflow.engine.mbean.helper.WorkflowHandler$1.execute(WorkflowHandler.java:330)

at ch.dunes.model.ar.AccessRightsTemplate.executeWithAccessRights(AccessRightsTemplate.java:16)

at ch.dunes.workflow.engine.mbean.helper.WorkflowHandler.doExecute(WorkflowHandler.java:326)

at ch.dunes.workflow.engine.mbean.helper.WorkflowHandler.run(WorkflowHandler.java:230)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

May I miss anything in multi-node plug-in configuration?

As I wrote above, it happens just from webview, so should I configure a webview anyhow?

0 Kudos
holashh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

For those who are interested, there has to be turn on switch for Shared session, without that, just account which register remote server can run the remote workflows.

Regards Jan

0 Kudos