VMware Cloud Community
SBhushan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

New VM not added on domain

Hi,

I am using default "Request New VM" workflow provided by prchestrator platform, but newly provisioned VM thr' this workflow is not added onto the domain that I select during placement workflow exection. However, once VM is created I can manually log in to it and add it to domain. Any reason why is this not working when VM is provisioned? Apart from configuring Domain and Network settings as part of infrastructure, is there anything else that I need to do? Once this VM as added on a network, I also want to add certain users as local admins on that VM, I couldn't find any way to do it thr' orchestrator, can it be done thr' orchestrator?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PduPreez
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

What happens if you deploy a VM from template through VCenter

All I can think of is:

Check your costumiztion Template for spelling errors

Also the Specified username and password format is:

domainname\username

password

Regards

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer helpful or correct. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PduPreez
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

What happens if you deploy a VM from template through VCenter

All I can think of is:

Check your costumiztion Template for spelling errors

Also the Specified username and password format is:

domainname\username

password

Regards

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer helpful or correct. Thank you.

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I also want to add certain users as local admins on that VM, I couldn't find any way to do it thr' orchestrator, can it be done thr' orchestrator?

Can't be done via orchestrator, but you can pre-populate users in the template (even if it's not on the domain) or add users to a group, and remote add users via group policy on that machine or by adding the group.

Adding users to a template while it's on the domain, then if you remove it from the domain, those users will still be there, they just show up as unknown, until the machine is renamed / rejoined to domain.

0 Kudos
Burke-
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you want the machine to auto-join the domain, please confirm that you have DHCP running on the subnet the machine is being connected to... even if LCM will be assigning a Static IP, you should have DHCP available on that subnet.

Visit me at for vCenter Orchestrator tips and tutorials Smiley Happy

If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points. Thank you!

Visit http://www.vcoteam.info & http://blogs.vmware.com/orchestrator
for vRealize Orchestrator tips and tutorials - @TechnicalValues on Twitter
0 Kudos
SBhushan
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanx, Template was culprit in my case, once I made it part of domain, all VM's are now auto added onto network

0 Kudos
PduPreez
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thats good News

Just make sure the Sys prep is working correctly, because I have found that even though the SID changes, the SUS ID does not, then if you are using SUS, the SUS Server only see 1 VM in the inventory

Happy Visualizing

Regards

0 Kudos